I’m re-reading a great book called ‘Re-Think – How To Think Differently’ by Nigel May Barlow
One of many quotes from the book …..“The creative mind is so often trapped by dull routine and the sheer exhaustion of the workaday week that we need to stage a revolt against the unholy trinity of doing, hurrying and achieving.”
He also talks about ‘Wonder Fatigue’ – we are so busy that we do not see the wonder around us or take time to consider, discuss or just contemplate some of the amazing things that make up our life. Have a look at this list below – allow yourself some time and space to reflect on any of the items that stretch your mind. Go for a walk & just let the idea play on your mind or discuss what it means with a fiend:
- There are 100 billion stars in our galaxy. Is there life out there?
- There are over 200 billion galaxies (in the observable universe)
- The solid matter we see is completely insubstantial; we are 99.5% space.
- You now have in your body more than a million of the atoms that were once in the body of Jesus Christ, Gandhi or Mother Teresa.
- Of all the atoms in your body, 98% are replaced within a year = new body!
- We share 96% of our DNA with a chimpanzee and half the banana genome is also found in the human genome.